Monday, September 7, 2009

Recipe: Zucchini Chips

Zucchini Chips

I also love, love, love dehydrated zucchini. It is better than any potato chip from my old days. I don’t even use dip with them although you could if you wanted to. [Editor's Note from Darius: I love them by themselves and also dipped in ranch dressing like a potato chip!]. Simply slice at about 3/16" on your mandolin (or thinly and uniformly with a knife), and place on dehydrator sheets. It takes about 24 hours. I pack them in mason jars and suck the air out to keep them crisp. Of course, if they get a little soggy, you can always re-dehydrate them before serving. I like to serve them with meals like a french fry as well. They add a little crunch to the meal.

[Originally published in the newsletter distributed on or around May 23, 2009]

No comments:

Post a Comment